Screaming Eagles Scout Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 68 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:42 am
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Pioneering - Bridges
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 2:51 pm by Warloque

» Pioneering - Fun Structures
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 1:19 am by Warloque

» Pioneering - Camp Gadgets and Miscellaneous
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 12:49 am by Warloque

» Pioneering - Tables and Benches
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 12:12 am by Warloque

» Pioneering - Gateway
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 12:03 am by Warloque

» Pioneering - Tenting
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:01 pm by Warloque

» Pioneering - Towers
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 3:32 pm by Warloque

» Track and Trail
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 3:20 pm by Warloque

» SEVaR Hall of Honour - by appointment
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm by ChongHao

» SES Hall Of Honour
Our Troop Insignia I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm by ChongHao

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 168 registered users
The newest registered user is Neoh Tian Thao

Our users have posted a total of 13817 messages in 1769 subjects

Our Troop Insignia

Go down

Our Troop Insignia Empty Our Troop Insignia

Post  Warloque Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Our Troop Insignia JSSEagleflagfinal1copy

Our Troop Insignia depicts the head of an American Bald Eagle, adopted after the US Airborne 101st Division - an army division that displayed indisputable courage and tenacity during the 2nd world war, with action seen in all major theatres of war operations to eventually winning the war.

The Bald Eagle, a prized species that was once endangered, is encircled by a 3-D ring. This ring symbolizes the world-wide brotherhood and sisterhood of the Scout Movement. It also represents the completion of a Scout's being with his/her community, and the esprit de corps he has with his fellow Scouts. A gleam of light is emitted from the ring to show the healthy and lofty ways and ideas of the Scout Group.

The Singapore Scout Association's emblem is incorporated in our Troop Insignia to show the fact that the Scout Group is a part of the World Scout Movement.

The Group's name - Screaming Eagles Scout Group - is aligned along the ring (lower half) in the same "glowing" colours to show the bond between the Scout Group and it's environment.

The entire design is set on a black background, emphasizing the modern 3-D effect of the Insignia. This shows the Scout Group's maturing with modern times. Ever moving forward and learning with modern technologies and techniques.

Last edited by Warloque on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warloque
Warloque
Admin

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Our Troop Insignia Empty Re: Our Troop Insignia

Post  Warloque Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:18 pm

The American Bald Eagle

Our Troop Insignia Eagle5image-index

The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus), is the only eagle unique to North America. The bald eagle's scientific name signifies a sea (halo) eagle (aeetos) with a white (leukos) head. At one time, the word "bald" meant "white," not hairless. Bald eagles are found throughout most of North America, from Alaska and Canada to northern Mexico. About half of the world's 70,000 bald eagles live in Alaska. Combined with British Columbia's population of about 20,000, the northwest coast of North America is by far their greatest stronghold for bald eagles. They flourish here in part because of the salmon. Dead or dying fish are an important food source for all bald eagles.

Eagles are a member of the Accipitridae family; which also includes hawks, kites, and old-world vultures.

Scientists loosely divide eagles into four groups based on their physical characteristics and behavior. The bald eagle is a sea or fish eagle.

There are two subspecies of bald eagles. The "southern" bald eagle, Haliaeetus leucocephalus leucocephalus, is found in the Gulf States from Texas and Baja California across to South Carolina and Florida, south of 40 degrees north latitude.

The "northern" bald eagle, Haliaeetus leucocephalus alascanus, is found north of 40 degrees north latitude across the entire continent. The largest numbers of northern bald eagles are in the Northwest, especially in Alaska. The "northern" bald eagle is slightly larger than the "southern" bald eagle. Studies have shown that "northern" bald eagles fly into the southern states and Mexico, and the "southern" bald eagles fly north into Canada. Because of these finding, the subspecies of "northern" and "southern" bald eagles has been discontinued in recent literature.

Bald eagles were officially declared an endangered species in 1967 in all areas of the United States south of the 40th parallel, under a law that preceded the Endangered Species Act of 1973.

Until 1995, the bald eagle had been listed as endangered under the Endangered Species Act in 43 of the 48 lower states, and listed as threatened in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Washington and Oregon. In July of 1995, the US Fish and Wildlife Service upgraded the status of bald eagles in the lower 48 states to "threatened."

On June 28, 2007 the Interior Department took the American bald eagle off the Endangered Species List. The bald eagle will still be protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. The Bald Eagle Protection Act prohibits the take, transport, sale, barter, trade, import and export, and possession of eagles, making it illegal for anyone to collect eagles and eagle parts, nests, or eggs without a permit. Native Americans are able to possess these emblems which are traditional in their culture.
Warloque
Warloque
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Warloque Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:47 pm

101st Airborne Division

Our Troop Insignia 150px-US_101st_Airborne_Division_patch.svg

The 101st Airborne Division — the "Screaming Eagles"— is a U.S. Army modular infantry division trained for air assault operations.

During World War II, it was renowned for action during the Normandy Landings and in the Battle of the Bulge. During the Vietnam War, the 101st Airborne Division was redesignated first an airmobile division, then later as an air assault division.

For historical reasons, it retains the "Airborne" tab identifier, yet does not conduct parachute operations at a division level. Many modern members of the 101st are graduates of the U.S. Army Air Assault School, and wear the Air Assault Badge, but it is not prerequisite for assignment to the division.

The division's headquarters are at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and has served in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is the only U.S. Army division with two aviation brigades. It is one of the most decorated divisions in the U.S. Army.
Warloque
Warloque
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down